Military Family Life Counselor (MFLC)
Commercial: (662) 435-1110
Hours of Operation
Mon – Fri: 8:00 a.m-5:00 p.m.
MILITARY AND FAMILY LIFE COUNSELING PROGRAM
Military families face unique challenges. They may struggle with issues such as deployment-related stress, reintegration and pressures of managing parenting and finances while a loved one is deployed.
To support military families facing these or additional challenges, the Military and Family Life Counseling Program:
- Provides short-term, non-medical counseling services to service members and their families at no cost
- Provides psycho-education to help military service members and their families understand the impact of deployments, family reunions following deployments and other stresses related to the military life
- Augments existing military support services
- Offers flexible service delivery
- Can provide services on or off of military installations
- Can provide services to individuals, couples, families and groups
With the exception of child abuse, domestic abuse and duty to warn situations services are private and confidential.
ABOUT MILITARY AND FAMILY LIFE COUNSELORS
- Masters or Doctorate-level licensed counselors
- Work with families, individuals, couples and children
- Work with existing military and family support programs to complement services provided
NON-MEDICAL COUNSELING SERVICES
- Anger management
- Relationship issues
- Conflict resolution
- Decision-making skills
- Deployment stress
- Coping skills
- Relocation adjustment
The Capstone is required for ALL separating/retiring personnel and should occur no later than 90 days prior to anticipated separation/retirement; however, if a member has less than 90 days left in the military, the member should attend as soon as possible within their remaining period of service. Call (662) 434-2790 for more information.
This spouse orientation program is designed for spouses new to the military or new to Columbus AFB. This is a great opportunity to increase knowledge of the Air Force mission, customs, traditions, protocols and available programs and services in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. Make new friends while learning more about Air Force life. To register and more information please call (662) 434-2790.
The Wing Newcomers Orientation is from 8 a.m.-2:30 p.m. This event is
mandatory for all newly arrived military and DoD civilian personnel, and spouses are
encouraged to attend. This base-wide CONNECTION orientation begins at the Kaye
Auditorium and consists of a guided base tour. To register, please contact your unit CSS, or for more information, please call the A&FRC Relocation Manager at (662) 434-2701/2790.