Personal Financial Management
Commercial: (662) 434-2790
FAX: (662) 434-2483
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR MONEY
Personal Financial Counseling Services
Personal Financial Counseling (PFC) can help you and your family: manage finances, resolve financial problems and reach long-term goals such as getting an education, buying a home and planning for retirement.
SUPPORT AND COUNSELING SERVICES
Confidential financial consultations for individuals and families
Referrals to military and community resources
Support for family members during deployment
Help with credit management and budgeting
Help navigating benefits
TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS OFFERED
Budgeting and Developing Spending Plans
Debt and Credit Card Management
Consumer Rights and Obligations (dealing with creditors)
Financial Planning: Reaching Life Goals
Financial Readiness and Economic Security
Financial Readiness for Deployment
Transitioning to Civilian Life
Kids and Money: Raising Financially Savvy Kids
Military Benefits, Pay and Entitlements – TSP/BRS
Savings and Investments
PFC services are no cost, private and confidential.
Michelle Bruce, MBA, AFC®
Personal Financial Counselor (PFC)
Phone: (662) 998-0411
or CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT!!! 434-2790
- Develop a WRITTEN budget to plan your spending, saving, investing, and debt management.
- Pay yourself first! Make it a habit to save for an emergency. Try to save 10% in an emergency savings account, but if this is too much, save as much as you can.
- Contribute to a retirement account such as the Thrift Savings Plan as early as possible in your career.
- Review your credit reports for FREE at annualcreditreport.com to be sure the information is accurate.
- Shopping for a vehicle? You should also shop for financing to get the best rate available. Keep inquiries within a 14-day window to minimize impact on your credit score.
Maintain good financial records such as a bank account register even if you never write a check. Debit transactions don’t always post immediately and don’t forget automatic withdrawals such as bill payments.
Helpful Financial Websites