Columbus AFB Visitor’s Center
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri: 7:30a.m. – 4:30p.m.
*Closes at Noon every 3rd Thursday
of the month for Training
Sat & Sun: Closed
The Columbus Air Force Base Visitor’s Center provides passes for short and long term visits. All sponsors must direct their non-Department of Defense affiliated guests to the Columbus Air Force Base Visitor Center, where the visitor can be verified and a pass issued. The Columbus Visitor Center is also the focal point for functions and special events for guests who do not have DoD affiliation. Only valid DoD ID cardholders are authorized to sponsor visitors onto Columbus AFB. Sponsors accept full responsibility for their visitor’s conduct while on Columbus AFB.
When the office is closed, visitor passes will be issued at the main gate.
What documents are required when I go to the visitor center?
Visitors who are driving must have a current driver’s license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration. Vehicle decals or base stickers are no longer issued or required by the Air Force, but security forces are still charged with ensuring visitors have registered their vehicles in accordance with local laws.
Can I get someone else to sponsor me?
Only valid DoD ID cardholders are authorized to sponsor visitors onto Columbus AFB. This includes active duty military, retirees, Reservists, National Guard and their family members or a civilian DoD employee.
Those NOT authorized to sponsor visitors:
- Contractors: (with proper identification cards they have base access, but aren’t authorized escort authority)
- Civilian Retiree Card holders
- Non-DOD Personal Identity Verification holders
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential holders
- DOD Privilege card holders
- Veterans Identification Card holders
- Foreign national affiliates with a DOD common access card
- Local pass and card holders