Commercial: (662) 434-2504
Hours of Operation
Mon – Fri: 3 p.m.- 7 p.m.
Saturday, Sundays & Holidays: CLOSED
AETC Family Days: CLOSED
Mon – Fri: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturdays / Sundays / Holidays: CLOSED
The Youth Center contribute to the readiness and improve productivity through quality youth programs providing opportunities for youth to develop their physical, social, emotional, and cognitive abilities including opportunities for achievement, leadership, and recognition
through United States Air Force Programs, Boys and Girls Club of America Programs, and National 4-H Club Programs, while still promoting quality of life and esprit de corps for the members of the Columbus Air Force Base Community.
The program offers a wide range of educationally enhanced programs, instructional classes, field trips and events for youth and teens 9-18 year of age on Columbus AFB. The Youth Center provides a safe and fun environment supervised by a caring and well-trained staff.
- Games and Social Recreation Activities
- Special events for families
- Educational Enhanced Programs
- Computer Lab
- Separate Teen Room for ages 13 and above
- Field Trips
- Classes such as ballet, gymnastics, martial arts & more
- Camps (Skill) during the summer
- Torch Club, Keystone Club, Power Hour, Fine Arts, Photography, Youth of the Year, Youth Sponsorship, Gardening, Smart Girls, Sports and Fitness, Lights on after School, Spring Fling, BGCA Day for Kids, Breakfast with Santa, MLK Celebration, 4-H Programs and more
Dependents of active duty military personnel, retiree’s, DOD Civilians, NAF employees and permanent contractors are eligible for Youth Programs membership. Youths, age 3-5 may participate in those activities organized specifically for their age group. Youths 6-8 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or sibling over 16 years of age unless they are participating in an activity that includes continous adult supervision. ALL YOUTHS MUST BE REGISTERED ON AN AF FORM 88.
Youth Center Age Requirements
Ref AFI 34-249
- Youth five years of age may not utilize the center except when participating in supervised activities.
- Youths ages 6-8 must be accompanied by a parent or a sibling of at least 16 years of age.
- Youth ages 9-12 may enter the center unaccompanied but must leave by 1900 on a school night, except for supervised programs that may extend beyond 1900.
- Youth ages 13 and older may enter the center unaccompanied at any time during open recreation hours.
DoD Child Abuse Hotline: 1-877-790-1197